A Deep Dive Into The Bissell Spinwave
It is designed to be used on any sealed hard floors for a fast and effective way of cleaning instead of using the old fashioned and unhygienic mop and bucket technique.
Not only is cleaning the floor tedious, but it must also be done with care and each floor type has its own set of rules. The Bissell Spinwave makes controlling the amount of water that is used to clean your floor much easier than when you use any other cleaning method.
You most certainly can trust Bissell with all your cleaning needs as they have over 140 years of experience in producing cleaning equipment. They are a family-owned company dedicated to creating products that will make their customers’ lives easier when it comes down to cleaning.
There are three Bissell Spinwave models, the original Spinwave, the Spinwave cordless and the Spinwave plus. All of the Spinwave mops have stayed pretty similar with just a few tweaks made here and there. We are going to have a closer look at the original Spinwave electric mop to learn just why it is regarded as such a fabulous ‘must-have’.
Related Reading: Shark Genius Steam Mop Review
Who’s It For?
If you are sick and tired of spending hours upon hours cleaning a large room with a vast area of the hard floor then you will love the Bissell Spinwave. Everything is straightforward on the mop and it doesn’t take a tech wiz to figure it out. You can actually see how easy it is to use just by looking at how it makes the cleaning tasks less intimidating and user friendly.
Others of you might want to get it because you have a hard time managing flooring. Maybe you have a sealed wood floor that needs to be kept relatively dry. That is a near-impossible mission when you want to deep clean it.
Because of the way the Spinwave is designed it buffs clean flooring even with little water being used. This will certainly put a stop to hands and knees floor scrubbing.
Due to how well it scrubs using water alone, cleaning solutions and bleaches are unnecessary. That’s a big thumbs up for the chemical conscious parents with tiny tots running around the house.
The thing I would say is it is not appropriate for wooden flooring that hasn’t been protected. What does that mean? well, if you look at your floor and it is a bare rustic looking wood then give the mop a miss. Using the Spinwave on untreated wood will cause it to decay.
What We Like About Bissell Spinwave
There are so many reasons to fall in love with the Spinwave mop. You can tell it is a well thought out product. There is a reason Bissell is one of the market leaders in cleaning products. Below are just a few reasons we love this product.
1. The mop is heavy enough to get enough cleaning force on the floor without you having to push down on it.
2. Although it is weighty, it is easy to push around the floor without getting hot and bothered in the process.
3. Stubborn stains and dirt that otherwise would have required hours of cleaning are removed in just a matter of minutes.
4. The microfiber pads are reusable, just throw them in the washing machine ready for the next wash.
5. It leaves little to no smudges on the floor so there is no need to go over it with a buffer.
6. If you hate mopping you might change your mind after using this one. It gets the job done so quickly that it almost makes cleaning enjoyable. Who’d have thought!
7. It can be assembled in less than 5 minutes.
8. Even thick mud stains are washed away with ease.
9. It cleans in between tiles better than a regular soapy mop. If you have tiled floors you know how difficult it is to get a stubborn stain out of the cracks and grit.
10. The floor cleaner that comes with the mop smells divine.
Those are just 10 things we love about the Bissell Spinway. I assure you there are many more reasons to fall in love with it too.
What We Don’t Like About Bissell Spinwave
Now we will be talking about the not so good things you might experience when you use this mop. Some of you may think the negative points aren’t a big deal and that they won’t bother you. It is good practice to anticipate what might annoy you with any item you are thinking of buying, after all, it is your hard-earned cash we are talking about.
1. Sticky messes and spillages are a little bit hardcore on the Bissell Spinwave. It does clean them, but not completely and you will need to go over the sticky surface with a damp cloth.
2. Although it glides on its own if the floor is super dirty and stained it will take you longer to get stains out with the Spinwave than it would with a soapy mop.
3. The pads are not absorbent enough to soak up all the cleaning solutions used while cleaning a large room.
4. The pads do a better job polishing than actually cleaning the floor.
5. If a part malfunctions, it can’t be replaced and a whole new mop must be ordered.
6. Sealed hardwood looks streaky after mopping with the Spinwave. This could be due to a high concentration of cleaning solution being used in the mop.
7. It is prone to circuit malfunctions.
8. You can’t use any other companies cleaning solution with the Spinwave. Water or Bissell products only.
So as you can see, it isn’t the best at tackling hard, stubborn dirt and messes out of the floor. The pads are synthetic and don’t grip dirt and grime as well as you’d hope they would.
- You need not bend over every time you use this product
- Glides across the floor and isn’t hard to steer
- It has a swivel head
- The cleaning pads are reusable and washable
- Comes with 2 pads
- You get a free cleaning solution when you order the mop
- You get a limited warranty when you buy it
- It leaves streaks on some floor types
- Isn’t suitable for grout, especially if it is deep
- Product is limited to be used with water or Bissell solutions
- It doesn’t fit in narrow spaces such as tight corners and under furniture
What’s Included When You Buy the Spinwave?
So, as you have probably gathered from the above points, the Spinwave requires certain accessories to function. Let’s see if they all come with the mop when you buy it.
You will be sent two 8oz bottles of concentrated cleaning solution when you purchase the mop. The formulas can be used on multiple surfaces. You will find that the solution is gentle enough for sealed floors and cleans brilliantly.
Two sets of cleaning pads come with the Spinwave mop. One, smooth set that is more gentle suited for everyday muck. The second set is a rougher pair for scrubbing stubborn dried up stains.
You do not receive any assembling tools with the Spinwave. That being said, no tools are really needed to assemble the mop.
The water tank isn’t detachable from the Bissell Spinwave so you will need to use a cup to fill the water tank.
The Spinwave is a very basic electric mop that does the job in the best way possible. You may question if its features are enough? Is there something missing? There is only one way to find out. So we’re going to go through the below list of this product’s features and what they do for the user.
There are two pads that spin in opposite directions from one another. With a traditional mop, you will have to scrub back and forth using up a lot of your energy just to get one spot clean. With the Spinwave, the rotating pads do all the hard work for you.
Holding the mop in an upright position will automatically stop the pads from spinning. This is good for a few reasons, the main one being that you don’t have to look for the switch to turn it on or off.
Phasellus pharetra cursus lacinia. Morbi eget nibh sed dolor semper placerat ac quis ipsum. Aliquam tristique suscipit consequat. Morbi malesuada nec nulla a sodales.
Bissell prides themselves on being comfortable for the user, so it is no surprise that they would deliver an electric mop that is quiet.
I don’t feel like Bissell forgot anything when they produced the Spinwave. It scrubs your floors so that you don’t have to. It glides across the sealed floor easily and YOU stay in control of solution distribution. Winner!
If we were going to get really picky, we would say that it definitely does not hurt to have an automatic on/off switch that responds to turn off when it is propped in a certain position.
If you are looking for an everyday mop then this is the one to go for. It saves you time and is almost effortless to use. If you want something that will give you a really deep clean then I’m afraid this isn’t it because it is rather gentle and doesn’t have the ‘deep clean’ settings you would expect like steam or hot water.
It will save you hours every month that would have otherwise been spent scrubbing floors with dirty mop heads or on your hands and knees trying to clean in between the tiled floor. Although it’s not ‘high tech’ in any way, it is a luxurious experience.
Check out our reviews and comparison for other microfiber mops here.
Do you still have unanswered questions about the Bissell Spinwave? Below are common questions customers ask about the SpinWave.
Q: Can the Spinwave be used on marble or hardwood floors?
A: You can use it on hardwood or marble floors only if they are sealed.
Q: Is it heavy to push?
A: You won’t believe how easy it is to move about, especially when it is turned on. The cleaning pads swirl and while they do that it pushes the mop forward.
Q: How do you remove dirty water from the floor after mopping?
A: There isn’t any dirty water to remove, as you control the amount spilled and the pads absorb the water while they clean your floor.
Q: Do tall people have to bend over to use the mop?
A: The mop is long enough for tall people to use it comfortably.
Q: Can the Spinwave steam the floor?
A: Unfortunately, there isn’t a steam feature included. It is a simple, easy to use and hassle-free electric mop.
Q: Can the mop be used on a ‘floating floor’? (a floating floor is a floor that isn’t nailed down, it clips together perfectly like puzzle pieces)
A: It can be used on a ‘floating floor’ only if it has been sealed and treated.
Q: What is the outcome of using it on a porcelain floor?
A: It works on porcelain floors, however, it looks as if you have buffed the floor rather than given it a deep clean.